Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What the Heck IS Crop Cash, someone asked!

Rita, a new cropper EVERYONE SAY "HELLO, RITA!" asked me an interesting question. What is the deal with Crop Cash? So, I responded to here and here is what I said... In case you were wondering, too!

Here's the scoop on Crop Cash.

Prior to the retreat, I do all kinds of things to give everyone opportunities to earn crop cash. From simply sending me an email asking for CROP CASH when I send out a notice to responding to a quiz I email out. You never know what I'll ask you to do, so you want to be sure to read your emails from me and check this blog often. And then, at the retreat, we will play some games when you can earn more CROP CASH. Or, I might need a tool that I don't have and I'll offer CROP CASH to the first person who can get one to me! Like I said, you never know. I'm a little crazy and a lot spontaneous, so get ready! AND... then, there's Sheri, who has no problem, whatsoever in stealing my "CROP CASH STASH" and just randomly start giving it away. Now that caught even ME off guard!

Then, every night, a little bit after dinner, I have a CROP CASH AUCTION! And that's what it's all about! Last year, I auctioned off over $1,000 worth of stuff. I think it worked out to be about 12 or 13 items each night. And on Saturday night, those items sold for a total of $49,000 in CROP CASH! It was WILD! But oh, so much fun! And with more people there, I think it will be even crazier.

Vickie and Lyla ogt into a bidding war over an organizational bag... I think that's what it was... and they had everyone in stitches! Vickie won! You'll have to ask her about that! She was quite proud and Lyla is still fussing about it.

I just don't like boring old drawings... even though I do a few of them... so I came up with the auction idea a couple of years ago at my very first retreat. It was a hit and has become a highlight of my retreats.

I think you'll like it. And as I get a little more organizes, I'll be letting everyone know what their CROP CASH balance is. And it will all be waiting for you at the retreat. Just a bonus for joining my fun, Crazy Cropper Scrapbook Retreat!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Rita! Janis she will get the hang of it before long. Oh the competition is on for Crop Cash.

    The whole thing with the bag was it was Red... Sorry Lyla maybe Janis will have another one this year in the auction. I promise if she does I will not out bid you. LOL

    Vickie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Rita!

    Just a warning, Janis's "I'm a little crazy and a lot spontaneous" statement is a little bit of an understatement. Basically, she's just not quite sane. But, she is the holder of the crop cash so we all treat her real nice.... ; )

    You'll have a great time—like no other retreat, I'll guarantee that!—kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, really appreciate the explanation of crop cash and the auctions. I'm so glad Rita asked about the crop cash....I thought I was the only one who didn't know what it was.
    -beth bruner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now I understand about the "cow bell"... This is going to be a fun-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete