Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just a Little Information

Well, quite a few of you picked up your Close to My Heart orders this weekend!  It was SO good to see you who came by.  Some old and some new friends!  I can't wait for this retreat.  I just know we are going to have to much fun!

Here's just a few things you may want to know...
  • We will have the convention center all to ourselves. (no sharing with anyone this year!)
  • The hotel has free wi-fi in all the rooms AND the convention center
  • You will have your very own 6 ft rectangle banquet type table... you don't share it with anyone!
  • There will even be an extra 8 ft table that is placed in the middle of a 4 table pod for everyone in that pod to share (it's a good place to stash stuff kind of out of your way or put your cricut on it or whatever!)
  • We have access to the kitchen (which is right off the convention center) so you can use that refrigerator and microware and ice machine all you want!
  • The crop room will be open from 6:30am to around 2am.  It will be locked up between 2am and 6:30 so your stuff should be safe.
  • Our block of rooms is in a building just across a driveway and is covered so in the event on inclement weather, you won't get wet (and you can wear your house shoes back and forth from the crop room to your room.
  • Feel free to bring your Ipod or any other form of music, just don't forget to use your earplugs... you may love your music, but that doesn't mean everyone else will! 
  • I probably don't have to say this... but.. No children, PLEASE!
  • The complimentary hotel continental breakfast is for you, too!  We will be having out catered breakfast at 9, so if you need coffee, juice or a bagel to get you started, don't forget to hit that room on your way to the crop room!
  • When you arrive, you can pull right up under the breezeway at the Convention Center to unload.  There will be luggage carriers waiting for you!
  • Check in to your hotel room is 3pm (if they have your room ready, you can check in earlier)  If you want to wait to check in, come on to the crop room and get set up!  No earlier than 1, please... we want to have everything ready for you before you get there!
  • Be sure to find me when you check in as I will get you your drawing tickets, check in your snacks, and all that stuff and show you where your assigned seating is.
  • Don't forget the ScrapNook will be setting up Thursday.  It's an amazing store and you won't believe what all Sheri will bring.
  • Check out on Sunday is 11am, but we don't have to be out of the crop room until 2.  (I don't even want to think about checking out.... that made me sad to type that!

These are just a few things to think about and know.  I tend to think my planning out here on this blog so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or leave a comment here!

Oh, and by the way... At last count... there are 45 auction items!!!!  WOW!!!  Are you getting excited!!!  If you are... you can earn $100 in CROP CASH if you leave a comment and tell me JUST how EXCITED YOU ARE!!!

28 comments:

  1. I am excited!!!

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie is excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie is excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am BEYOND excited!!! Of course, you probably knew that already. LOL

    Lavon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tysha says:

    I've been excited since Jan 23rd! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm uber excited! Retreats are always so much fun and this one has that cow bell!

    Thanks for all the info Janis, now we newbies are prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooooooooo excited about the retreat AND the 45 auction items!!!!!! I seriously am lookin so forward to a 4-day get away! Can't wait to see everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! It all sounds Wonderful! Can't Wait! Can't Wait!
    Janis, Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although, I am new at retreats-I can hardly wait! FUN, FRIENDS, SCRAPBOOKING!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited about getting away, scrapbooking,eating and having fun. I know in my mind what I want to work on, but I HAVE GOT TO GET IT ALL GATHERED UP.... I know "COUSIN's" we don't have much room in the vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited...it can't come soon enough!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I've been excited since the last one! And the auctions this year, I must stay, are gonna be TOO MUCH FUN! And a great group of women and all kinds of fun things—it's gonna be exactly what a retreat should be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I had already posted, but can't find it, SOOO....here it is again. I am so looking forward to being at retreat. You have so much fun!! Do I need to say it? -- I'm EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so ready to get away and just think about scrapbooking!!! This will be my first so I'm so excited!!!

    Chastity B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SOOOO excited!! I had to hold my hands in my pockets before I bought ANOTHER cart to bring stuff in.. hehehehe... I cant wait to have non stop scrapping for days! I got our new Wishes card confidence program and it will be put to great use!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It gets me excited all over again when I read these comments! I absolutely love the fact you all are SO ready for a getaway because I know I am. And I can't think of a better group of people to spend it with than you all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm excited!! And I have a question: the 1 pm setup is for if you're coming THURSDAY, right? We're arriving Friday and plan to be there around 9 AM, is this ok? (Me and Beth).

    ~ Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzy and Beth (and whoever else is coming Friday)... You can arrive as early as you like. If you'd like breakfast, it's $5 and if you'd like lunch, it's $6. You can bring in your own food if you want, you only have to pay if you want what I have brought in! Just let me know a little ahead of time so I can have plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!!! I'm ready to laugh, have fun and complete some projects.

    Vickie M.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I AM VERY VERY EXCITED!!!! I CAN'T WAIT..
    I'm ready to laugh and have some fun and can't wait for Vickie to show me how to do my layouts...lol
    Get ready Janis, here we come...
    Tammie (Faye) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I'm ready... I just hope everyone else is! I can't wait to see all my old friends and meet all my new ones. These Scrapbookers are the best people ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. One can usually recall when they've ventured into the unknown and had some lingering doubts just what they got themselves into... Well, this is one time, I can safely say I have absolutely NO DOUBT ABOUT IT - I am so looking forward to this retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My name is charity
    I am so very much excited. And Am excited to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Excited! How about you Jeanne??

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait until FRIDAY!!!!! I'm so excited! Laura

    ReplyDelete